- Open the oven door. Check the door frame for the model number tag. On the tag, the digits or letters following "Model No." "MOD" or "MO" comprises the model number.
- Open the broiler or the range drawer if your stove has one. Look for the tag on the door frame next to the broiler or drawer cavity.
- Move any loose items off the top of the stove. Lift the cooktop if your stove top lifts. Grasp both sides near the front and lift up. The model number tag will be visible on the area below the burners if that's the right location on your stove. Keep your fingers clear when you lower the cooktop.
- Check the exterior of the stove on each side of its body near the bottom.
1. For Viking Open Burner Ranges and Rangetops(You have an Open Burner Range or Rangetop if you can remove your burner bowls.)
Remove the left rear grate and the left rear burner bowl. Look in the hole for the label. You may need a flashlight.
2. For Viking Sealed Burner Ranges (You have a Sealed Burner Range if you can only remove the burner cap and burner, but not the burner bowl.)
Open the Oven Door. Look on the upper left oven face for the label.
If you do not see it there, remove the toe-kick grill (below Oven Door) and the label will be in the middle attached to the bottom frame.
3. For Viking Sealed Burner Rangetops (You have a Sealed Burner Rangetop if you can only remove the burner cap and burner, but not the burner bowl.)
Look on the left underside of the Rangetop's Drip Tray Handle for the label.
4. For All Viking Cooktops
Look underneath the Cooktop for the label.
You will find the model number on a sticker or rating plate.
For cookers and ovens this can usually be found around the frame, behind the door of the appliance.
For hobs this can usually be found on the underside, side or back of the appliance.
Model numbers usually consist of a manner of letters and numbers, and may also include characters such as a slash (/) or a dash (-).